Intern – Distribution and Production
Apply by May 31, 2022.
Early applications will receive priority.
Good Deed Entertainment is seeking interns who will learn the ins-and-outs of an independent feature film studio through hands-on experience across all our feature film divisions: development, production, distribution, acquisitions, and marketing.
Interns will read and analyze a high volume of scripts, watch and evaluate movie screeners, research projects and talent, assist with scheduling and office organization, prepare materials for marketing and festivals, and complete a variety of other tasks across divisions. Miscellaneous responsibilities, depending on interest, may include social media management, updating websites and screening schedules, video editing, and writing pitches and treatments.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling, excellent communication & organization skills, and a desire to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Preference is given to individuals with experience in film & media production, screenwriting, or graphic design.
• Undergraduate or Graduate student enrolled in an accredited College or University degree program in Film & Media or a related field.
• Internship runs from June to August 2022 (depending on your school schedule)
• Time commitment of 20 or 40 hours per week.
• Able to work remotely (option to come in-person to office 1-2 days a week)
• Independent work ethic & time management
• Collaborative attitude
• Must have own laptop and cell phone
• Must sign a non-disclosure agreement
• Must provide own housing and, if applicable, transportation to and from our Ashland, OH offices.
To apply, submit to Internships@gooddeedentertainment.com by May 31:
• Your resume and a 200-300 word explanation on how this internship would contribute to your educational and career goals.
• Unpaid. This is an educational internship to learn the feature filmmaking business.
About Good Deed Entertainment
Good Deed Entertainment is a Los Angeles and Ohio based development, production and content distribution company with the goal of creating theatrical, character-driven content for underserved audiences. GDE has produced several feature films including Nightmare Cinema and Coyote Lake. Its distribution portfolio includes Loving Vincent (nominated for an Academy Award), Lucky Grandma, and Summertime. GDE’s genre-focused label Cranked Up Films champions high-concept horror, thriller, grounded sci-fi, and speculative fiction.
Visit us at http://gooddeedentertainment.com