Careers & Internships
Current Employment Opportunities:
- Intern (Summer 2020)
Internship at Independent Movie Studio – Summer 2020
Apply by April 10, 2020
Good Deed Entertainment is seeking interns who will learn the ins-and-outs of an independent feature film studio through hands-on experience across all our feature film divisions: development, production, distribution, acquisitions, and marketing.
Interns will read and analyze a high volume of scripts and books, watch and evaluate movie screeners, research projects and talent, assist with scheduling and office organization, prepare materials for marketing and festivals, and complete a variety of other tasks across divisions. Miscellaneous responsibilities, depending on interest, may include on-set production assistance, social media management, updating websites and screening schedules, video editing, and writing pitches and treatments.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling, excellent communication & organization skills, and a desire to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Preference is given to individuals with experience in film & media production, screenwriting, or graphic design.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student enrolled in an accredited College or University degree program in Film & Media or a related field.
- Internship runs from mid-May to early-August 2020 (depending on your school schedule)
- Time commitment of 20 or 40 hours per week (40 strongly preferred).
- Independent work ethic & time management
- Collaborative attitude
- Must be enrolled in a college/university for Summer 2020 and able to gain school credit.
- Must have own laptop and cell phone
- Must sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Must provide own housing and transportation to and from our Ashland, OH offices.
- Our interns are eligible to apply for low-cost summer housing nearby at the Ashland University dorms.
To apply, submit to Internships@gooddeedentertainment.com by Apr 10:
- Your resume
- A 200-300 word explanation of how this internship would contribute to your educational and career goals.
- (Optional) A link to your creative reel or portfolio
- Unpaid. This is an educational internship to learn the feature filmmaking business.
About Good Deed Entertainment
Good Deed Entertainment is a Los Angeles and Ohio based development, production and content distribution company with the goal of creating theatrical, character-driven content for underserved audiences. GDE has produced several feature films, most recently Nightmare Cinema and Coyote Lake. Its distribution slate includes Loving Vincent (nominated for an Academy Award), Journey’s End, and Audrey. GDE’s genre-focused label Cranked Up Films champions high-concept horror, thriller, grounded sci-fi, and speculative fiction.
Visit us at https://gooddeedentertainment.com